Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Day in the Life of Eagle Center Emilie Bydwell



5:30 am… time to wake up…
And what do I have to wake up to??











And now time to go to the gym…
•Pool session and lift to get the day started









And now… the commute to work
Bus number one…



Bus number two…..


And now, an hour later, I arrive at work at the
Harvard Medical School


I currently work at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center DNA Resource Core which provides DNA Sequencing and Plasmid storage and distribution services to researchers in the Harvard community and around the world.



I am lucky to work in a small lab with coworkers that are more than understanding about my rugby commitments and are always willing to pick up my slack when I have to head off for rugby!



















Below is the robot (BioBank) I work with daily that is home to over 60,000 plasmid DNA samples.  When its working my day in the lab goes pretty smoothly… when it’s not working my day can get… LONG.






And now… the trek back home…
Bus number one…

Bus number two…..


Once home I get into my car to head to my favorite part of the day… coaching the Brown University backs down in Providence RI.

But not without my copilot… bizzle










I learned how to play rugby 5 years ago on this field when we were a team struggling to stay in D1…








So now it’s not only an honor to be able to come back and coach this team… but also to prepare them to compete in Brown’s 3rd consecutive final four run!










These girls have single handedly reminded me what rugby is really all about and why working my butt off (or should I say… working a butt on) is more than worth it.

After Brown practice Biz and I hop back in the car and drive an hour back to Boston… where all I have the energy to do is make this slide show and go to bed!

Thank you to all my family, friends, coaches, players and coworkers who make it possible for me to pursue my World Cup goals!


Emilie

1 comment:

  1. WHY HASN'T ANYONE POSTED ABOUT HOW CUTE THIS IS!?!? EMILIE WE ARE PROUD OF YOUUUU!!! WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete