Monday, June 7, 2010

My Real Job: Lisa Butts

My name is Lisa Butts (aka Cheeks in the rugby world).  I am a pharmacy technician for CVS Pharmacy in Chico,CA.  My day usually begins around noon, which is perfect because I'm not a morning person.  It also gives me plenty of time to get my workouts in.
As soon as I walk in the door it's "go time."  There are tons of prescriptions to be typed, pills to be counted and the phone never stops ringing.  I spend a good chunk of the day on the phone with patients, doctors/nurses, and insurance companies.  I've become a great multi-tasker.
Our shelves are stocked with millions of dollars worth of medications.  I try to make sure we have everything our patients need in stock when they bring in their prescription 
This is one of our less popular items.  It's for someone who's preparing for a colonoscopy.  That sucker has to be filled up with water, mixed with the powder that's comes inside and then chugged. This is one of the things you can look forward to as you get older.
















These are some of my pharmacy team members I work with.  You won't find a harder working bunch.  We all rely on each other in order to successfully run our pharmacy.  I owe a lot to these guys.  They pick up my slack whenever I'm gone playing rugby.  They're some of my biggest supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment